Microgaming: Company Profile & Facts
Microgaming Slots. You’re reading this as we’ve put together this website as not only are we online casino fans but we are Microgaming slots lovers too.
When we read earlier this year that our favourite casino software company would follow up Jurassic Park and the Dark Knight Rises branded slots with a Game of Thrones Slot, we initially thought it was just a rumour. But it wasn’t. Game of Thrones was released as ‘Winter was Coming’ and they’re probably onto making another slot already which will launch next year.
With that in mind, wouldn’t it be great if we saw a Walking Dead Casino Slot or maybe Mad Men spin from the popular TV Show? If we see this next year, remember you heard it here first!
Microgaming in short was there when it all began in internet gambling. Microgaming created the world’s first true online casino in 1994 and has been constantly reviewing who they are, what they do and where they are going to stay ahead of the online casino game. Since 1994 which was near on the birth of the internet, who would have dreamt that if roll forward 2 decades we have the likes of Mr Green , LeoVegas and Guts all leading the way using Micrgaming slots as they are second to none?
Microgaming has made it that by staying ahead, means staying alive as we have seen many other casino games manufactures spring up in the past 5 years such as Netent and Thunderkick. But, Staying ahead means that player often experience games that are ahead of their time too. It would be fair to say that Microgamings main competitor would be Netent as they also manufacture some of the best and branded slots online too. But Microgaming still manage to unleash the best slots with the biggest branded and household names every year. Last year we saw Jurassic Park and Terminator II and now Game of Thrones is a very long awaited follow up.
Microgaming are based on the Isle of Man, and are among the world’s foremost gaming software developers. Microgaming do not just stick with online casino software either in case you are wondering. Nope, their other products include Casino, Mobile, Poker, Online Bingo, Land-based Casinos, Sportsbook, Live Dealer and Network Gaming. So it’s fair to say they cover the whole online gambling spectrum.
Microgaming have created more than 750 unique Casino games, including over 1,200 variants which they add to every month by releasing new games, online casino slots and software upgrades to better the customer experience.
One nice fun fact for you: Did you know that Microgaming software generated the biggest mobile gaming win in history at £3.7 million? And the largest online bingo win at £5.88 million? They also set the record for an online casino win, paying out a staggering €6.37 million to the lucky winner. Microgaming also boasts the largest online progressive jackpot network in the world.
Microgaming Company Time Line
- Mirogaming release long awaited Game of Thrones Casino slot
- Microgaming release Jurassic Park Brand Slot
- Microgaming releases branded content games including:
- Playboy Online Slot
- The Dark Knight Rises™
- Microgaming launches Playboy Live Dealer, introducing the world’s first branded Live Dealer studio
- Microgaming announces largest mobile gaming win in history; £3.7m on Mega Moolah
- Microgaming awarded ‘Best Casino Software’ at the Gambling Magazine’s Readers’ Choice Awards
- Microgaming wins ‘RNG Casino Supplier of the Year’ at the annual EGR B2B Awards
- The MPN launches its fast-fold poker variant, Blaze Poker
- The MPN announces a revolutionary new rake allocation method, named True Value, which allocates player rake to
- operators based upon volume, activity and win/loss ratio, opposed to traditional methods based purely on volume
- Microgaming introduces a new style of online gaming, arcade-style gaming, with Max Damage and the Alien Attack
- Microgaming presented with the Corporate Social Responsibility Award at the 2012 Isle of Man Awards for Excellence
- Microgaming Go mobile solutions, a dedicated brand for mobile is launched, which coincides with the launch of several
- new languages and new HTML5 games on the mobile platform
- The Microgaming Poker Network is re-branded to the MPN, following a radical two-year transformation of the poker network
- Microgaming releases two branded content games including:The Dark Knight™ and Battlestar Galactica™
- Microgaming announces industry first as leading games are now available on Android.
- Microgaming crowned 'Best Software Provider' for 2010, by industry leading online casino forum Casinomeister.
- Microgaming announces that they have developed the first true 3D online video slot.
- The Microgaming Poker Network (MPN) Bad Beat Jackpot has hit a new high with a $500,000 prize pool on offer. This is the largest the MPN Bad Beat Jackpot has been to date, and it is more substantial than any other networks' Bad Beat Jackpots.
- Microgaming has scoops Poker Network of the Year and Innovation in slot provision at the annual EGR B2B Awards.
- Microgaming announces that it has signed a new platform and content supply agreement with Ladbrokes, one of the world's leading betting and gaming companies.
- Microgaming presented with the Best Casino iGaming Software Award at the iGB Affiliate Awards ceremony for the fourth year running.
- Microgaming named as RNG Casino Supplier of the Year at the eGaming Review Awards.
- Microgaming licenses the use of The Lord of the Rings™ brand from Warner Bros.
- The greatly anticipated sequel game - Thunderstuck II is launched.
- Microgaming secures a deal with Dark Horse for the exclusive use of the Hellboy brand.
- Microgaming's unique game portfolio exceeds 500.
- Microgaming releases a number of flagship games including: The Lord of the Rings™, Thunderstruck II and Hellboy™
- Mega Moolah creates the biggest ever online jackpot winner in May, with a single cash payment win of €6.37 million.
- The Grand Slam of Slots creates the first ever online slot tournament euro millionaire.
- 200 Flash games available.
- The Great Galaxy Grab launches to mark Microgaming's 400th download game.
- Microgaming wins the Casino Affiliates Program Award for Best iGaming Software.
- Multi-Player Wheel of Wealth Special edition launches.
- For the second year running Online Casino Affiliates Program present Microgaming with its Best iGaming Software Award.
- Microgaming wins the Isle of Man Newspaper Award for Company of the Year.
- Microgaming CEO wins the Isle of Man Newspaper Award for Business Person of the year.
- Microgaming releases the second Tomb Raider Video Slot – Secret of The Sword.
- Microgaming pushes the boundaries of gaming with MySlot, the industry's first personally customised slot game, offering an exciting glimpse into the revolutionary technologies exclusive only to Microgaming Operators.
- Microgaming releases first 100 Line game - Cashapillar.
- Casino Affiliates Program presents Microgaming with its Best iGaming Software Award.
- Microgaming is presented with the Isle of Man Newspaper Award for best New Business and Programme Development.
- Microgaming secures the popular Eidos game brand of Hitman™.
- The Osbourne's Video Slot launches, marking the beginning of a unique partnership between Microgaming and the Osbournes
- Total Progressive Jackpot payouts exceed circa €146 million spread between a total of 5,675 winners.
- Microgaming releases Live Dealer gaming on table games.
- Mega Moolah Multi-tiered Million Dollar Progressive is launched.
- Microgaming releases a record 55 games in that year.
- Microgaming releases Multihand Game Play on their table games.
- Spin3, Microgaming's mobile Channel Partner launches.
- Microgaming releases 100 PowerPlay Pokers.
- Microgaming releases Golden Goose Multi-random Bonus Video Slot.
- 23 Microgaming powered casinos are awarded the eCOGRA Seal of Approval.
- Microgaming wins Gambling Online magazine's Top Casino Software as well as the Editor's Pick Award.
- Microgaming creates video versions of popular 3 Reel Progressive Slot Games.
- Microgaming signs licence deal with Eidos for the exclusive use of The Tomb Raider brand.
- Microgaming wins Gambling Online magazine's Top Casino Software Award.
- Microgaming becomes a founder member of e-Commerce and Online Gaming Regulation and Assurance (eCOGRA).
- Poker software, powering the Poker Network launches.
- Award-winning Download front-end software launches pioneering advanced play features.
- Microgaming launches Thunderstruck.
- Microgaming launches first Online Multi-Play Experience.
- Microgaming establishes world record for the largest ever jackpot win circa €1.5 million on Major Millions slot game.
- Gambling Online magazine awards Microgaming Software its Players' Choice Award.
- Gambling Express magazine names Microgaming as its Best System Provider.
- Casino Player magazine judges Microgaming as having the best live Roulette, Slots and Progressive games and names Microgaming as the Best Software Supplier.
- MUP+ technology launches which allows players to download whilst playing.
- Fully localised, multi-language Casino systems launches.
1994 - 2000
- Industry's pre-eminent tracking system, Cashcheck payout tracking launches, as well as Microgaming's Web Casino Software, which gives players the choice of downloading the game or playing online.
- PlayCheck online technology launches (1999).
- Microgaming launches Cash Splash, the internet's first wide-area progressive jackpot slot game (1998).
- Microgaming is a founding member of the Interactive Gaming Council (1997).
- Microgaming takes its first online casino Operator live (1996).
- Microgaming introduces casino management tools and player tracking systems (1995).
- Microgaming launches the first true online casino software (1994).